18 septembre 2006

A City's trivial Journal (1)


This is a new section of my blog that takes up from one of my favourite films ever, "Wings of Desire", by Wim Wenders, the idea of "assembling, testifying and preserving" bits of reality in an urban setting. In this brilliant film, one of the raisons d'etre of angels roaming Berlin is to observe and record the simple joys of human experience.

I am no angel, but will report here pleasing or moving (but true!) unimportant facts I have observed in everyday life in London.

Sunday, 17 September, 2006
Tottenham Hale Tube Station - An escalator squeaks and manages to sing the first two measures of "Happy Birthday to You" in a 'voice' similar to nails scraping down a chalkboard...

6 commentaires:

Caroline a dit...

Oh! So it seems that even the escalators are sophisticated, here!

Anonyme a dit...

"Als das Kind noch Kind war..." - Interesting idea, but then again, isn't that the exact purpose of all blogs (or most of them)?
- goodness gracious, that's been a somewhat devilish question that's been ;-)

Blue a dit...

Isn't it, Caroline?
Thanks, Um.
Gryphon, well, I don't know if everybody pays attention to the sound of an escalator in their blogs and it doesn't really matter to me if they do. ;-)

Anonyme a dit...

Okay, you got a point. I hereby declare I've never read anything on any other blog about sophisticated elevators, especially singing ones :-)

Blue a dit...

Good boy. ;-)

Anonyme a dit...

I want not approve on it. I think warm-hearted post. Especially the title attracted me to review the unscathed story.