
Isn't it amazing that nowadays - provided you have a "portable" job like translation - you can set up a temporary office about anywhere in the world where electricity and an Internet connection are provided?
I am comfortably seated at a desk at the British Library, one of the greatest libraries in the world, with my laptop wireless connected to the Web, and thinking about the oceans of opportunities that are available in this professional lifestyle just leaves me totally flabbergasted.
Why couldn't I work from Rome? Prague? Tokyo? Sydney? How exciting that would be! Perhaps I was meant to be a postmodern nomad, after all... But for today, I think I'll have a pint to that in a nice London pub.
Cheers!
1 commentaire:
Of course, my dear,let's meet! I, too, miss the interaction with people, but at least I can meet people like you and Caroline through the Internet, which is a nice consolation.
Publier un commentaire